Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Humbling Experience



Before I had commenced on my new job, I had like a week and a half break. Did a lot of things...one of them was spending time with the clients at SPD on 1st Sept, Society of Physically Disabled. It was a heartwarming and humbling experience. I had Elfi and Daniel as volunteers and I trust they enjoyed their time there too.Helmi was supposed to take pictures but got recalled to work!

One incident that moved me to tears was when we were playing passing parcel, Bernard knows that when the music stops, he will have to do a forfeit...he was practically hanging on to the parcel. He did that so he could sing a song for his teachers at SPD. Singing a song is easy for us but for him, it took enormous amounts of energy! Tears just flowed.

Overall, the clients had a wonderful time and I could see it clearly! So proud of my team LP66...we really WOWed them!

Looking forward to visit them again and making a difference!

2 comments:

inoemieself said...

PEMALAS!!!!!

Having a new PC at home has been redundant!!! UPdate UR BLOG!!!!!
Dun tell me fasting cannot blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wah. 1 month no update babe... Busy is no excuse! We wanna know how you are doing in new job!