Friday, August 3, 2007

Up and About...

July 28, Saturday
A day of emotions...Started the day happy as my small group is coming over to the hotel for our SmallGroupMeeting. As I was on shift, they made their way down to Conrad so I would not be left out. Coolness...
What's not cool, one of my more senior staff was on MC, leaving me handicapped with all the rest of my junior staffs. Completely threw me out of balance as the day got busier...the heavy arrivals of the Singaporean contingent,back2back suite rooms, and 4 TA groups arrivals, certainly did not help.
Was supposed to go to Mission IMpossible organised by Asiaworks. Apparently, can't go, could not finish on time. My buddy hinted that I'm inefficient...I got hopping mad...other days I would agree but not that day...I delegated tasks but still need to check on them as they are all new. I could go and leave for Mission Impossible but that will be utterly irresponsible of me. That night, shared with my senior that incident. Felt much better after the sharing and realised that my work had always been in the way of things...so its a good thing too that I will soon have a more regular working time.

July 29,Sunday
Crazy Day--my name was on both the AM's and DM's roster. Was scheduled 11am-8pm on AM's roster and 3pm-12mn on DM's...roster screwups pisses me big time. My fault too as I did not check thoroughly. Already had plans to meet Elfi as he had something to pass to me. Fortunately, Craigie was nice enough to come earlier and takeover at 9pm.

Anyhow, me and Elfi headed to the Single's Night (organised by Sazzi,Helen and Ruihong) at Le Baroque, Chijmes- music was so not MOS, Adelene gotta buy the DJ drinks to churn out RnB, sigh...also,not many guys lah but hell, we had lots of fun...Credits to Adelene, the gals went up the bartop...haha, including me. My height phobia was clearly diminished with cool RnB hits playing and holding the railings for leverage...The guys were cheering us on.Those with the "proof" of my craziness that day, please bluetooth it to me and then delete your copy ok...haha
It's been a while since I danced...looking forward to my next dancing session!

The crazier thing I did was to attend the Advance graduation of Gabriel while on duty. I went during my break. I enrolled Shid to fetch me from Conrad to Prinsep St and then back to Conrad again...done within 30 minutes...ultimate! I was surprised that Shid actually agreed when I asked him the favour. I expected him to say "U gila?"

July 30,Monday
My senior, Denett sent all the members an SMS "Liling's birthday tomorrow,anyone organising anything?" I took the challenge to stretch myself. Always had the negative thought that surprise will turn bad and be a shock instead. Liased with Lileng's sister. Got her to pretend to meet Lileng at Crown Prince Swensen's for dinner when it will be a group of us surprising her instead. I will take care of the cake and her buddy Shenliang will get flowers. Me and Changliang contacted the rest of the group.
Before heading to work, proceeded to develop pictures for Weiling, the gal at AG's home...will be heading there tomorrow.

July 31, Tuesday
Started the day super early...headed to Expressions for my appt at 1000hrs. After that, headed to AG Gal's Home. Weiling, my fav gal was not there, still at school. Passed the photo and snacks to Melea. Told her will visit again next week...

Met Jonathan and had late lunch with him. We then went to HMV and did some browsing. He's into metal...so unexpected of a chinese guy...Went to the Coffee Club at Hotel Rendezvous. Nice chit chat session. After that he walked me down to Crown Prince.

Lileng's Surprise Birthday Party-she wasn't exactly surprised as she had suspected,but mentioned she appreciated my effort as its been a while since she's had a celebration like this. She looked radiant and happy and chatty that day. The rest of us were greatly entertained by Ruihong's jokes...he's the king of lame jokes in the group but they damn tickled the whole table...so-lar power! (haha, personal joke) Ruby and Lileng added their share of jokes too...

After that,together with Sazzi and Ruihong,met Sadiq at 4 Seasons to pass him the ticket to the play. He looks the same like the time he was still at Conrad...He said I had put on weight...Think he has not seen me for a bit. My weight has been constant at 49.2 ok...haha

Aug 1,Wednesday
Went to Rainbow Family Center for a session of Community Service. Me and the volunteers will be taught to use the software so we in turn we could teach the other kids. Got lost as I didn't have the address with me...anyhow, managed to get there on time. The software was userfriendly...EDUBUNTU was the software...funny name, haha...

Rehearsal at Peter's place....a bit anxious cos its gonna be 2 weeks before the show. 15 and 16 August...coming real soon...by the way, my whole family will come to watch...Touchinglah, dad and mum agreed to go though they don't understand a word of English...

Aug 2,Thursday
My 1st night shift was smooth until the very last minute. The system was corrupted...Shift F2 shows 508 rooms (we only have 507) and occupancy was -0.20%...Due to that, I was late in meeting Jonathan for breakfast. Lucky, he has his PSP to entertain him...

Sally,my LP mate was giving a talk on You, the Leader at NYP, so a group of us came to give her our support. She was cool, no signs of kanchiongness at all, in fact an epitome of coolness. YongWee was there too. 1st time, I see him in his teaching environment. He seems a nurturing lecturer and it was nice to see the way he relates to his students...

Btw, my Dell PC which was ordered online came. Lucky my bro kinda smart, he assembled the PC cos the delivery man merely delivered. Saw Helmi on MSN and sought his help to come over to my place, to fix the printer and stuff...Had called Ryan and Zali...Ryan could only make it this Sunday and Zali next week...

Aug 3, Friday
What's up for today? Meeting Elfi to get the enrollment card. He is joining the October's Basic,insyaallah...may he benefit from the course the way that I did!
Helmi will come over to fix the printer...
Meet Jimi to work on the accessories for the play
Night shift again...

Forecasted activities : Newspaper Collection for fund-raising,Hip-Hop Dance Class, Blood Donation Drive, rehearsals

No comments: