Friday, August 10, 2007

My 9 August 2007

Missed my play rehearsals today...Overslept due to extreme fatique after a night of clubbing at St James...got a power house membership for free, courtesy of Rynn!

Woke up late, showered, took a cab down...taxi driver asked if the roads are closed...hmm, he should know better right?

My last national day spent at the hotel...Funnily, no hello kitty queues this year...was afternoon shift...morning shift had the bulk of the Singaporean contingent! You should see the stacks of registration card...like Bukit Timah...haha, no lah

Pretty smooth except for some hiccups:
Hiccup 1-shortage of Extra bed. There was discrepancy in the report so we are short by 4 EB...somehow, the situation was resolved nicely after some calls to Housekeeping, *Phew*

2-No small notes. Singaporeans nowadays carry $1000 notes around it seems...I have one guest who needs small change for valet parking. When told by my staff that we do not have small change, guest got agitated and commented that a hotel so big do not have small notes...Come on, its at night and a public holiday...my general cashier ain't working you know. I met up with the guest and informed that i had only $5 and $2 bucks...Bopian, he took...that was the last 1000 bucks of small change.
Later part, a staff from the Oscar's came and askef for change...I told them we have no change left.
Shortly after, I received an SMS from a friend " U guys dun have smaller change?" My friend and his friends were the diners.
Wah, that got me agitated a little...plus the fact that one of the staff (also his friend) kinda "blamed" us for not having change....

3-Meeting in room...A guest requested for tables and chairs to be placed in their room. The thought of gambling in the rooms surfaced. As usual, I had to speak to guest that the request was not possible. I asked guest, what was the purpose for the furniture. Guest wanted to have a meeting...at 2300hrs? Come on lah, I'm born not yesterday...I told guest I could arrange a meeting room. She said she will call me back...

4-New staff that gets on my nerves...they stress me up...aargh!

5-Read someone's blog and the entry got me super flustered and badly angered. It was tasteless and rude, making my friend look bad and the writer is simply shitty...whatever you do to people, someone else will do that to you...bear that in mind girl...be careful...

I also had an encounter with a blogger...saw her entry and I got pissed...
I came to realise that these people are not worth my time and energy...This is a big stretch for me: I AM NOT GOING TO READ THEIR BLOGS ANYMORE...but she is welcome to read mine and view my FRIENDSTER profile...

Before I end, I just wanna tell Norain: I am still committed to share happiness and sadness even though I won't be in Conrad anymore...love you gal...*eeew, i actually said the love word :P**

5 comments:

Norain said...

So touched. Aahhh...now i feel so loved! Lol!

Helmi said...

I always suspected Liah and Norain has something on.

LeiyA said...

the australian trip had made us closer...but nope,we love men! just that sumtimes we love the wrong men , and the wrong men love us...:P

Norain said...

I agree with Liah. Take that, Kak Mi! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..Les in production..Keke :P